Pennsylvania Civil War (PACW 150) is a statewide partnership of major history organizations convened by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC) and the Pennsylvania Heritage Society (PHS) at the request of Governor Edward G. Rendell to serve as the Commonwealth’s official planning committee for the commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War (2011-2015).
PA Civil War 150 will both: (i) coordinate several key statewide initiatives; and (ii) facilitate and help market numerous activities and events at the regional and local levels. PA Civil War 150 is leveraging the considerable strengths of the state’s history and museum community to bring high-quality programming to the commemoration.
Pennsylvania Civil War 150 Steering Committee
- Pennsylvania Heritage Society / Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (Harrisburg)
- Senator John Heinz History Center (Pittsburgh)
- The Historical Society of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)
- Comprehensive Web site
- Pennsylvania Civil War Road Show
- K-12 Civil War Education
- Enhanced and Digitized Collections
- Publications / Special Media Initiatives
- Product Development
- Special Exhibit
Local & Regional Initiatives
- Pennsylvania Civil War Trails
For more information on Pennsylvania Civil War 150 and its initiatives and partner organizations, view the PA Civil War 150 Fact Sheet (PDF).
Funding Provided By
- Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation
- Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development
- National Endowment for the Humanities